Friday, December 26, 2014

The Miracle of a Mission

Well... the day has come. My last letter home. Can you guys believe it? There's so many things that i have to tell you guys, but i think i'll save all the details for christmas when we talk and just tell you guys the rest in 6 days:)

Really, in this letter i just want to express my gratitude and share with all of you my testimony.

From the moment i got to Mexico i could feel something different, from the second i got off the plane and the responsibility to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ, the most important message that one could share, was put on me I felt the burning desire to share it with everyone that i could. I could feel that God truly was at my side with me helping me and guiding me towards His children. These last 2 years have meant absolutely everything to me, God has worked miracles with me and helped me become a stronger, more humble, more loving, happier person. I have learned that God is there for me every time I need Him. Even when i stray off the path, He always guides me back to the path of happiness with His arms wide open. I have seen that his promise of angels on my left and on my right to lift me up become a reality. Wearing the name of Jesus Christ on my nametag for the past 2 years has helped me realize the importance of always being worthy to represent His name. It's helped me truly discover my purpose not only as a missionary, but as a son of God. I don't know what God has waiting for me after i return home, but i have complete trust that what he DOES have waiting for me is lo mejor. I don't know why God has been so patient with me, why i've had so many chances to repent and become better, but all i know is that EVERY single time i have gotten on my knees to ask for forgiveness, and for the strength to continue, I always feel the comfort of a loving Heavenly father with His arms open waiting for me to humble myself and come to Him. I have truly felt the personal love God has for every single one of His children, I have seen countless miracles as i have served in His work and have seen His hand, not mine, change the lives, and the eternities of families. I know God lives. I know that Jesus Christ is His son and that He died for us and suffered all of our pains, our transgressions, sicknesses, so that we could one day live with God forever. I don't understand completely Christ's sacrifice still, and i don't think i ever will. That even knowing that so many of us weren't going to accept His great sacrifice, knowing that so many were going to reject Him, and being completely aware of the level of pain He was going to have to endure for ALL of God's imperfect children, He died for us. And because of this infinite atonement from an unconditional love He has, he gives us the incredible chance of reaching exaltation. His sacrifice is what has helped motivate me to be the best person i can be, and it wasn't until i truly accepted his love, until i came to him with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, that i was able to love others. I still have so much to learn, but atleast now i feel ready to go home and face the challenges that life brings, with faith and with hope. I am ready to be the best father, husband, son, brother, friend, that i can be. And i am ready to have my entire life built upon the rock of Christ, and ready to continue being a witness of God in all times, and truly comfort those in need of comfort. I know that being a missionary won't stop here, just that i wont have the nametag, but the change in my heart, my testimony, and the desire to share the gospel to all of God's children is the most precious thing that i will bring home with me. And from the bottom of my soul i won't you all to know that i will be eternally grateful for this time i have had to be a missionary of Christ's true church here on the Earth. And i share these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

Thank all of you for all of the support and love that you have given me over these past 2 years, i wouldn't have been able to do it without you. I know that sounds cliche but it is true. I love you guys and i can't wait to see you all in 6 days. And we'll finish the homecoming plans on the christmas call:) 

Merry Christmas!!!

con mucho amor y por la ultima vez,
Elder Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment