Friday, March 15, 2013

I'm Going to Mexico!!


Hola mi familia!
 
Les extraño mucho! Yo he recibido mis planes de viajar hoy. So I´ll give those to you first so you guys can set up your time to be free. I leave from Salt Lake at 8:15 a.m and go to Dallas (go figure...) and i get there at 12:05 Dallas time. Then I have a layover until 2:45. Then at 2:45 I leave from Dallas and go all the way to Mexico City, which makes zero sense. Haha but I'll get there at 4:20 Mexico City time, or 5:20 Dallas time (i think). I will be in Mexico City from 4:20 to 7:00, and then we leave at 7:00 to Monterrey and we will get there at 8:42 pm! So it will be a SUPER long day! This is all on Monday the 18th just in case there was any confusion.  So I'm super excited! I can't believe it's here! It doesn't feel real yet.
 
So this week has been crazy busy. First off, I've been sick. Alllll week. It's been horrible. I have strep throat that I'm still trying to get over, so hopefully I will get over it by Monday. But Tuesday night I came back early and slept all night, and then Wednesday we got to go to Salt Lake to go to the consulate and I felt awful all day. Which is lame because we met so many cool people! i just couldn't talk to anybody. But it was cool to go out and meet people. So we got to ride the train down there and then we were interviewed by the consulate in Salt Lake about why we're going to Mexico and stuff. The lady was really nice and she had family in Monterrey! She said they love it there. Also, last Friday night we had a sub teacher who served in my mission! He got back 4 years ago but he had so much to tell us about it. He told us that the food was way good, and that it's SUPER hot all the time. He said it's pretty dangerous and he had a lot of scary moments but as long as we're obedient then we have nothing to worry about. His testimony about the mission and how it changed his life was really strong and made everything feel more real. I seriously can't believe that I'm going to be in Mexico in 3 days. It's so crazy. But anyways I'm sorry this is coming in so late and I don't have a lot time because it's so late but i will be able to talk to you guys in a few days anyways so I will be able to tell you more about what's going on.  I love you guys and I can't wait to talk to you all! And i promise my next letter will be way better! I love you guys! and I'll definitely be needing your thoughts and prayers this week as I go to Mexico. Again, I'm way excited to talk to you and I will tell you guys a lot more when we talk. Make sure everyone is free during that time on Monday so I can talk! Even if it means Kendall skips work. :) Love you!
 
Elder Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment